Kay (
sincere) wrote in
fic_promptly2014-09-16 08:35 am
Entry tags:
Tuesday: Power
Hello all!
sincere again, giving you some things to think about.
Today it's all about Power in your fandoms: power over other people, physical or magical ability, or even electrical power. Do your characters fear power or crave it? How are they in control or controlled by others?
Rules are as follows:
- Six prompts each per fandom per day. Author's choice prompts are unlimited.
- One prompt per comment.
- Warn for spoilers in the subject line of your comment and leave three lines of spoiler space.
Please prompt using the following format:
Fandom, character or pairing, prompt
Or, for crossovers: Fandom 1/Fandom 2, character or pairing, prompt
Examples
MCU: Captain America, Bucky, for the first time in his memory he is his own man
Kingdom Hearts, Leon/Aerith, she has everyone in the palm of her hand
Bleach, Yumichika+Shuuhei, why do you hide what you can do?
Any, any, what to do while the power is out
---
If nothing today appeals to you, you can look through the lonely prompts on Pinboard, or leave new ones on any of the previous themes.
Today it's all about Power in your fandoms: power over other people, physical or magical ability, or even electrical power. Do your characters fear power or crave it? How are they in control or controlled by others?
Rules are as follows:
- Six prompts each per fandom per day. Author's choice prompts are unlimited.
- One prompt per comment.
- Warn for spoilers in the subject line of your comment and leave three lines of spoiler space.
Please prompt using the following format:
Fandom, character or pairing, prompt
Or, for crossovers: Fandom 1/Fandom 2, character or pairing, prompt
Examples
MCU: Captain America, Bucky, for the first time in his memory he is his own man
Kingdom Hearts, Leon/Aerith, she has everyone in the palm of her hand
Bleach, Yumichika+Shuuhei, why do you hide what you can do?
Any, any, what to do while the power is out
---
If nothing today appeals to you, you can look through the lonely prompts on Pinboard, or leave new ones on any of the previous themes.

no subject
no subject
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Hope you enjoy!
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Filled: Want For a Better Tomorrow (Ao no Exorcist)
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Ao no Exorcist | Blue Exorcist
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: Kamiki Izumo
Additional Tags: Community: fic_promptly, Drabble, Pre-Canon, Introspection
Summary: Izumo lit the candle and placed it on her windowsill.
Fill: Elevator Blues (FAKE: Ryo/Dee: PG-15)
“I don’t believe this!” Dee slammed his hands against the elevator door and rested his forehead between them.
“Relax, Dee. It’s not so bad.” Ryo slid down the back wall to sit on the floor, forearms resting on his knees, hands hanging loose, completely relaxed. “It’s not as if brownouts in New York are that uncommon. The power will be back on soon, banging on the doors won’t do any good. In case you didn’t notice, we’re between floors.”
”I know that!” Dee huffed, spinning around to lean his back on the door. “But why’d this have to happen today?”
Ryo frowned. “What’s special about today?”
Dee rolled his eyes. “It’s your birthday, dumbass!”
“Technically, that’s not until tomorrow.”
“Okay, yeah, but the restaurant was fully booked for tomorrow…” Dee trailed off. “Damn, I wanted to surprise you!”
“I think it’s safe to say I’m surprised.” Ryo smiled up at his partner. “You’re taking me out to dinner?”
“If we ever get out of this elevator, yeah. I knew we should’ve taken the stairs.” He checked his watch. “We only have a couple hours until our reservation. There won’t even be time to go home and change. Why the hell did we have to get stuck with interviewing this witness?”
“Because it’s our case? At least we were on the way out when we got stuck.” Ryo watched Dee pacing around like a lion in a cage, barely visible in the dim emergency lighting. “Pacing won’t make the power come back on any sooner, all you’re doing is wasting energy. You might as well sit down and relax; looks like we’ll be here for a while.”
Dee turned and glared down at the shadowy form of his partner. “Zen and the art of calm acceptance in annoying situations?”
“Common sense and prior experience.”
“Huh.” Slumping against the wall, Dee slid down to join Ryo on the floor. Silence reigned for a few minutes, broken only by the soft sounds of their breathing, until Dee started fidgeting. “I’m bored.”
Ryo’s only response was a soft huff of laughter.
A few more minutes passed, then Dee shifted again, half turning to Ryo. Even in the darkness, Ryo could see a familiar glint in the younger man’s eyes and felt the first stirrings of trepidation.
“I know what we could do to pass the time.”
Ryo opened his mouth to tell Dee that he could keep his ‘ideas’ to himself, but Dee barely gave him a chance to draw breath, never mind speak. Once again it crossed Ryo’s mind to wonder how Dee was able to pounce so fast and incapacitate him so completely.
His hands flailed helplessly, clutching at whatever part of his partner he could get hold of as Dee pinned him bodily to the elevator floor, kissing him so thoroughly and skilfully that Ryo lost the ability to think. Even so, he was aware of Dee’s hands wandering, sliding up under his shirt, which had somehow become untucked, nimble fingers grazing his nipples, sending sparks of sensation shooting through his entire body. Dee’s lips moved along Ryo’s jaw to his neck; Ryo could feel a tongue lapping at his pulse point, teeth nibbling gently. Someone was moaning and he didn’t think it was Dee.
‘Oh God, how does he manage to do this to me?’
Desperately trying to gather his scattered wits and formulate some plan of action, Ryo tried half-heartedly to push Dee off him. It wasn’t that he really wanted Dee to stop, but it was the principle of the thing. As good as what Dee was doing felt, an elevator during a brownout was neither the place nor the time for such activities. Dee needed to understand that.
“Dee, stop it…” Dee had somehow managed to unfasten Ryo’s pants at some point, allowing him access, and even as Ryo continued to protest, his hand slid inside. “Stop, Dee! Don’t… Uhhh… Don’t… stop…”
Dee chuckled against Ryo’s neck, sending vibrations through him. “Which is it? Stop or don’t stop?”
His left hand tugged just right and Ryo lost all coherency. “Ngh!”
“That’s what I thought.”
‘Smug bastard!’ Ryo thought, even as he thrust up into Dee’s hand, urging him to keep going. Dee was going to pay for this indignity later, but right now Ryo had other priorities; Dee had started this and he was bloody well going to finish it!
Except, of course, that just had to be the moment when the power came back on, the interior lights nearly blinding Ryo as the elevator car jolted and resumed its interrupted descent.
Dee froze. “Fuck!”
Quashing his frustration, Ryo shoved at Dee, rolling them both over and scrambling to his feet. The last thing he needed was to be caught lying on the floor of an elevator with his pants down. Dishevelled and still painfully turned on, he did his best to make himself look presentable and just hoped nobody would be waiting down in the parking garage when the elevator doors opened.
“Damn it! Why’d the power have to come back right then?” Dee muttered. “Just five more minutes, that’s all we needed. We should’a started sooner.”
Ryo turned a murderous glare on Dee. “We shouldn’t have started at all! What were you thinking? Oh, that’s right, you don’t think! You just do whatever the hell you want. Well, we might as well forget the dinner reservations anyway, because the only place I’m going looking like this is home!”
“Ack! Dinner!” Dee scrabbled for his phone and started to punch in the restaurant’s number. Ryo tuned him out, focussing on willing his erection away; he wasn’t very successful.
As the elevator jerked to a halt and the doors slid aside, Ryo breathed a sigh of relief; not a soul was in sight. He hobbled towards their car, Dee trailing behind him, phone glued to his ear, deep in conversation with whoever was on the other end. Ryo leant against the car and prayed for patience.
Finally, Dee snapped the phone closed. “We’re in luck, babe! Seems the restaurant lost power too, they’re running about an hour behind.” Dee grinned lasciviously, pressing up against him. Apparently Ryo wasn’t the only one who was still hard. “You know what that means? We’ve still got a couple hours; time enough to go home, finish what we started, get dressed up and go celebrate. Whaddaya say? You gonna let me show you a good time?”
Ryo sighed. Why did Dee have to make it so difficult to stay mad at him?
“Okay, fine, you win. This time.”
“Yay!” Dee’s happy smile lit up his face. “So, what’re we waitin’ for?”
“You have the car keys.”
“Oh yeah.” Dee disentangled himself, digging in his pocket for the keys and unlocking the car.
Ryo shook his head. Wasn’t he the one who was supposed to be the airhead? Easing himself into the passenger seat, head full of memories of their recent elevator activities and thoughts of what lay ahead, Ryo tried to relax. He just hoped they didn’t hit too many potholes on the way home.
The End
Re: Fill: Elevator Blues (FAKE: Ryo/Dee: PG-15)
Re: Fill: Elevator Blues (FAKE: Ryo/Dee: PG-15)
Hardly anyone seems to write or read FAKE these days, and I think I'm the only one leaving FAKE prompts here. Thank goodness for author's choice prompts, I can write as much FAKE as I want. This was such a fun prompt, I couldn't resist having a shot at it =)
no subject
[InFAMOUS] A Real Team (Zeke, T, Spoilers)
.
.
.
I didn’t betray him, okay? Or, I didn’t do it because I hated him. I didn’t... oh, man. This is too complicated.
We made this trip to New Marais a few years back, okay? Cole wanted a chance to explore a city where the cops weren’t gonna be on his back all the time. And, well, you’ve seen the things he can do. He might not’ve survived a five-hundred-foot drop back then, but he was good enough to climb up the side of a goddamned building without having to worry about it.
He convinced me to grow a pair and give it a shot - didn’t use those words, but I knew what he meant. I always knew what he did was special, right? And I could never get the hang of it. Sure, the extra baggage doesn’t help, but even when I was a kid I couldn’t have done what he did. I tried, though. Fell down a lot, and didn’t even try to make some jumps even though I would’ve just fallen in the floodwaters anyway. Floating’s one thing I’m good at, you know? But I was too damn scared.
It was the same way when I was climbing that tower, right? I mean, Cole could’ve probably jumped off the top and survived, probably made a hell of an explosion and leveled half the city if he’d wanted. I don’t know. But one wrong step and I would’ve been a greasy spot on the pavement! He was askin’ me for help, but how the hell was I supposed to help him like that?
So that’s why I did it. That’s why I tried to use the Ray Sphere, and that’s why I went off with Kessler.
I thought I could handle it! You know? I thought that it would be different, that I wouldn’t... that the Sphere wouldn’t hurt the city like it did with Cole. And when I left with Kessler, I figured if he gave me the power, I... I’d take him out myself. I’d handle him and come back a hero, like Cole. It wouldn’t be me running around behind him, always needin’ his help to get by. I wouldn’t be sitting in the sidelines building batteries or some crap, I’d be standing beside him, helping him out. We’d be a real team, me and him. Two superheroes, tearin’ things up to save the town.
But it didn’t work. Kessler was a bigger liar than even I knew. An’ then it all goes to hell, and Cole’s the one who has to handle Kessler, instead of me comin’ back with him helpless and proving I’m not just some sidekick who can’t keep up with my best friend. Now things are even worse, with Cole’s showin’ me pictures and saying things Kessler did that don’t make any sense, sayin’ he hates my guts for betrayin’ him. But... I can’t let go. Not now.
It ain’t supposed to be like this. I gotta try to fix it.
Re: [InFAMOUS] A Real Team (Zeke, T, Spoilers)
no subject
"Alexander wept when he heard from Anaxarchus that there was an infinite number of worlds;
and his friends asking him if any accident had befallen him, he returns this answer:
'Do you not think it a matter worthy of lamentation that when there is such a vast multitude of them, we have not yet conquered one?'"
Any, any, "Alexander wept...." (Farscape, Scorpius)
Not yet conquered
Scorpius walked around the star map projected over the table. A swathe of dots in one color here; clusters of dots in another color there. If he had the wormhole weapon in his hands, he could wipe the second cluster out entirely. Even without the weapon, the knowledge to create wormholes, to be able to direct them and to be able to send a fleet of ships down them—without liquified crew—would let him destroy those blinking red dots the old-fashioned way. Would let him spread the blue dots across ever greater swathes of the sky.
All in the service of the High Council, of course.
A wormhole would also let him quickly reach that other small green dot, that hung quietly on the far side of the galaxy, sixty cycles away by current means. It mocked him, that dot, with its presence and its distance. Just as the stubborn, foolish native of that world—currently walking the hallways of his ship—continued to mock him with both the partial knowledge he'd unwillingly revealed and his ability to conceal the rest of it.
It grieved Scorpius that he could not yet conquer those worlds, the distant and the close, and that he could not yet conquer John Crichton and make him yield the knowledge he held. But that small green dot, that one world among many: that was the key to all of them.
Re: Any, any, "Alexander wept...." (Farscape, Scorpius)
no subject
(Anonymous) 2014-09-16 07:40 pm (UTC)(link)no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
A Joyous Song
None of them fronts more than Cougar. When Jensen joins the Losers, following behind Clay chattering away like a six-year-old on a school trip, asking questions and making comments too fast for Clay to answer, he smiles at the rest of them when Clay pushes him through the door of their barracks. Actually, that isn’t strong enough. He beams at them like they are his long-lost, best friends. His teeth gleam in the fading light, and his eyes are cheerful and full of good-will.
Cougar’s breath catches, and it feels like he never gets it back through the intervening years.
He has never believed in love at first sight before, but he can’t deny the depth of his feelings. The full watt power of Jensen’s smile is too much for his battered heart to resist. So he orbits around Jensen’s sunny presence, always a hair’s away from smiling himself.
He tries to maintain his prior demeanor: quiet, hard, cold. He knows he fails miserably. He thinks Clay is the first to notice the change in him. Clay worries about Cougar and Jensen sharing quarters, so he is watching them closely to see if Jensen is going to get shot by Cougar in the middle of the night.
Jensen isn’t only not in danger of being shot, Cougar finds his ability to relax and enjoy their downtime greatly improved. Usually he sleeps poorly with others around. Actually usually he sleeps poorly all the time, but at the first sign of agitation, half-asleep Jensen starts talking nonsense, and Cougar wakes up confused and disoriented, wondering why he is dreaming of soccer and computers, but not terrified or on edge.
So Clay notices, but seems to shrug it off. Cougar is glad that he can sidestep that discussion.
Roque is the next to notice. He not-so-jokingly says he is going to knife Jensen if he doesn’t shut up, and when he moves towards Jensen, Cougar is right there in his way. Cougar’s red-hot fury catches even him by surprise.
Roque raises his eyebrow, and then smirks. “Oh, is that how it is,” he says.
Cougar just raises his eyebrow in return. It’s obvious that’s how it is. Roque starts chuckling, his anger forgotten, and he goes back to sharpening his knives. Roque also accepts it without further discussion, so Cougar is off the hook again, since Jensen didn’t stop talking long enough to notice anything.
Pooch and Jensen figure it out together. Cougar is returning from the range when he stumbles upon them talking in the barracks. He slows down to hear what they are saying, and then shakes his head because what they are talking about is nonsense. Jensen is saying, “We all fit a type. We’re like a boyband. Clay is the flirty one, Roque is the crazy one, Cougar is the quiet one, you’re the sweet one, and I’m the comic relief.”
Pooch says, “You’re right you’re the comic relief, but why am I the sweet one? I’m a bad ass.”
“Well yeah, we’re badass, but a badass boyband.” Jensen leans over with a smile that Cougar knows means nothing, and says to Cougar, “What do you think? Are we a boyband or are we a boyband?”
Cougar shakes his head, hides his own smile, and responds, “I will never sing.”
“But dancing is on the table? Sweet!”
Cougar is left speechless by the images of dancing with Jensen floating inside his brain, but Pooch picks up the mantle. “Why do you always encourage him? You didn’t used to be like this, Cougar.”
“What? What was Cougar like?” Jensen is now leaning towards Pooch eagerly.
Cougar glares at Pooch, but Pooch ignores him in favor of leaning towards Jensen and saying, “Menacing. The dude was menacing. I was more worried about him killing us in our sleep than I am of Roque.”
They both turn to look at Cougar, who is trying to get his hardcore killer face on, but Jensen is looking deep in his eyes, and he knows his face softens. Jensen declares, “I don’t believe it! Not our little pussycat!”
Pooch is looking between them, and Cougar can see the realization dawning on his face. He glares at Pooch, but Pooch just holds up his hands, and says, “Don’t look at me like that. I never want details!”
Now Jensen is looking between Pooch and Cougar. “I don’t get it. Details about what?”
“Cougar will explain,” Pooch says, as he darts out of the room.
Not up for facing Jensen, Cougar moves to follow, but Jensen lightly grabs his wrist. “Cougs?”
“De nada.”
Jensen squeezes his wrist slightly. “Could it become something?”
Cougar stills. His eyes dart to look at Jensen, who is looking hopeful back. Apparently Jensen hasn’t been as oblivious as he seemed. At first Cougar doesn’t know whether to flee or to follow his heart, but the longer Jensen holds his gaze, the more he accepts. So he eventually admits, “It is already more than I ever imagined.”
Jensen beams at him, his smile enough to light the room. Cougar’s heart clenches with pleasure and love. Jensen says, “Sweet! Wanna go to our room and make out?”
Cougar’s only response is to grasp Jensen’s hand from around his wrist and tug him up and over. Jensen moves easily into Cougar’s personal space, never afraid, always sure of his welcome. Sliding his free hand into the soft hair at the back of Jensen’s head, Jensen’s eyes are already closing as Cougar goes in for the kiss.
Cougar doesn’t believe in fairy tales, not anymore, but he swears he feels the earth move, and hears the birds sing a joyous song as their lips meet. Maybe they are in a boyband after all, or at least a Disney movie. Cougar wouldn’t mind, not if he gets to keep Jensen.
no subject
no subject
FILL: Gen, Fire & Blood
You got that when you were just a baby. Some coal or something fell out of the fire, and you were just learning to walk. I put you down to help mother with the dishes - or something, I don't remember - and you just fell onto it. You started screaming, and I was so scared I did something to you. Mother picked you up and hummed something to you. Then father walked in and I was so scared he'd punish me for not keeping an eye on you, because that was my job - but he just hugged me and said that people fall sometimes, and you can't save them from everything.
Hansel blinks and the sky is black. No. The ground is black, and he is facing the ground.
Father held you in his lap, and mother gave me an extra piece of honeycomb that night. It turned out to be a good night.
There was blood in the back of his throat, on his teeth, and he spat, realizing that he had dirt in his mouth.
Sound began to trickle in - first, sounding far away, and then slowly coming into focus, a sharp shouting.
Gretel.
Shit.
But yeah, that scar's old. That other one, there, that's where she got you. That's the one you worry about.
Hansel pushed up onto his knees, tried to get his bearings. He couldn't really open one eye - it felt hot, swollen, and he spat again. Gretel. He had to get to Gretel.
They were supposed to - fire, they needed fire -
I'll patch you up, little brother. We're here for each other, right? And next time, go straight for the fire. Kick the bitch into the cookfire, if you have to.
He staggered to his feet, hands scrabbling at his belt, for flint, looking around and trying to resolve blurry shapes into something he could use for a torch. Once a witch caught fire, there was nothing saving her. He just needed to -
Fire is always the right way to go.
Fire was always the one constant in his life. It gave life, gave warmth, gave death. It protected and devoured. His scrabbling hands grabbed onto flint, onto a piece of wood, and it took him a few more tries before that comforting light bloomed into light.
Shapes were starting to reform - Edward, hunched over Ben's limp body - Gretel, swaying in his vision, which could mean she was actually swaying or his vision wasn't fully back yet - the witch, a glowing ball of light surrounding her shriveled and withered body.
It was slow, but he began to push forward on wobbly legs, slowly getting closer and closer, and just as the witch turned around, he flung the blistering torch at her body.
The witch shrieked, and as she lit up in flame, Hansel grinned through his bloodied, wavering vision.
Everything else is extra. Fire is all you need.
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
The sound of gunfire echoed through her earwig. "Really, I think it makes perfect sense."
"Yeah, you would, Root."
"She has all the power and all the information. That's what makes her God." There was a meaty thump.
"You okay in there?"
"Yes, our number was just trying to make a run for it."
Shaw rolled her eyes. "Knowledge ain't all it's cracked up to be. Look at us. We work for someone who knows everything and we're stuck running stake outs on random citizens."
"She knows best."
"Yeah, yeah." A group of baddies ran out into the street. Probably fleeing Root. Whatever, at last now she got to shoot somebody.
"You'd get bored if you didn't get to shoot anybody."
"True, but I'm still thinking that she could make our lives a little easier and tell us shit more than five seconds before it's going to happen. What is the point of omniscience if you can't actually share the Knowledge."
"She tells us what we need to know when we need to know it." Root strode out of the building dragging their number. She shot an amused look towards Shaw's rooftop as she strode past the groaning drug-dealers.
"Yeah, well not all of us have your level of faith Root. Some of us actually like knowing why we're getting shot at."
no subject
no subject
no subject